Learn how-to setup Microsoft Windows Live Mail to send & receive email using Post office Protocol (POP3) and your email account.
Have the following details ready before you start:
- Your domain name
- Your email address
- Your email password
- If this is the first time you have run Windows Mail, it will ask you to add a new account.
- If no window appears, click Add e-mail account from the menu on the left.
- Enter your E-mail Address, Password and Name.
- Tick Manually configure server settings for e-mail account.
- Click the Next button.
- You’re now prompted to enter information about your incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- For My Incoming Mail Server is a select POP3.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server –
- For Login ID, enter your email address. For example, email@example.com
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your Incoming Mail Server.
- Tick My outgoing server requires authentication.
- When you’ve completed all the fields, click the Next button.
- Click Finish.
- Your email account now appears on the left-side of Windows Live Mail.
You’ve configured Windows Live Mail to send and receive email.